RE: [FW1] Firewall-1 on Sun 220R, any problems?

Hi Carric,
	Thanks for your comments!  We will be logging to an external
management server (two of them actually) with plenty of disk space.  We are
seeing right around 45k sessions currently on our firewall (RS/6000 running,
of course, AIX), with a rather large rulebase, but will be splitting the
load up among both of the boxes we are planning to get.  When you said you
see 20% utilization at 20k connections, did you mean for one box or a
combined total for both of them?

Thanks,
Abe

PS-I noticed that a few notes have come across this list from Lance
Spitzner.  I saw him present a couple of firewall sessions last week at the
SANS conference in New Orleans.  If you all get the chance, definitely check
it out, he's a great presenter and the material he covers is great.  Two
thumbs up overall for the SANS people on a great conference!

Abe L. Getchell - Security Engineer
Division of System Support Services
Kentucky Department of Education
VoiceE-mail  [email protected]