Re: [FW1] firewall-1 Upgrade 4.0 to 4.1

Hi Bob/All --

I did!!!

Here's what I can remember from the top of my head:

* Be sure you're running at least v4.0 SP3

* Determine if you want backward compatibility (the
ability to manage v4.0 and v3.0 firewalls). There are
special guidelines to follow if you do. I did NOT, so
I can't help you with backward compatibility

* Upgrade your management mod first, then any firewall
mods.

* Use the "InstallU" function to upgrade, and NOT the
pkgadd route described in the manual.

* I belive the upgrade "unenabled" my anti-spoofing
rules. You need to re-add them in your firewall's
interfaces Security tab

* After upgrade, you need  to RE-APPLY your security
policy. It will not work until you do this!!! This is
the most common mistake/panic I think :)

* Backup before you start

* Get your v4.1 license BEFORE YOU START (you need a
new one for everything -- including SecuRemote!)

* Don't forget to get the v4.1 Windows GUI too, if you
use it.

That's all I can remember. If you have other
questions, drop me an email.

HTH -- Chris