Re: [FW1] Nortel Contivity VPN

I should mention that others on this list got such a
VPN to work (CP <-> Nortel), but only single DES from
what I can remember.

3DES was a requirement for us -- so SOL for me... and
I got the same result you described (we had to
initiate the VPN to bring it up) in any case. That
alone was unacceptable.

Though Phase 1 and 2 would log successful when we used
single DES. False hope :)

I'll be waiting for that Contivity release in 6/01 :)

Do you have your firewall and their Nortel box IPs in
the encryption domains? Just a thought.

I am currently NATing a Nortel box behind our firewall
for this VPN, at 3DES, using Static NAT. If you need
to do that and need assistance, just drop me an email.

HTH -- Chris