Re: [FW1] Pros and Cons of IP440 vs Solaris Checkpoint

Greetings!

Scott Becker schrieb:

> Also, one notable thing abt the IP440 is that we can easily restore the
> backup in the event of a crash on another 440 box in less then 1hr, this was
> a great pull factor for us.

Hm - with a simple (and nearly DAU-safe) script I can restore a Sun-based FW-1 from
scratch (e.g. replaced harddisc) in less than 10 minutes - okay, logfiles lost since
last backup, granted.  The script is located at
    http://www.wyae.de/software/

So this is not really a difference between Sun and Nokia.

Bye
    Volker

--

Volker Tanger  <[email protected]>