[FW1] 4.1 SP0 - 4.1 SP3 upgrade on AIX 4.3.3

I attempted to perform the SP3 upgrade on the weekend with absolutely no
luck.  The install appeared to run fine, but nothing would work afterwards.
Encryption between sites failed.

Site A:
RS/6000 B50 / 512Mb RAM / 6 Ethernet Ports.
AIX 4.3.3.01
Checkpoint Firewall-1 4.1 SP0 (Version pre Checkpoint 2000)
Enterprise Encryption Center

Site B:
RS/6000 B50 / 512Mb RAM / 2 Ethernet Ports.
AIX 4.3.3.01
Checkpoint Firewall-1 4.1 SP0 (Version pre Checkpoint 2000)
Firewall Module

I have read that there is no way to upgrade the version of FW-1 that I have
and that I will have to uninstall it and reinstall CP 2000.

My installation method was the standard as described in the release notes.
The install goes without a hitch, it completes successfully, but nothing
works.  When I reject the update (installp -r) everything returns to normal
and communications are working.

Any Ideas?  Anyone?

According to Checkpoint (don't know why I bother to call) it should work and
I should not have any problems... I had the same problems with SP2.

Joe