Re: [FW1] FW's constantly changing state

Uhm, fyi.

The command sets up auto-negociation for ether(or giga)channel.(sounds
like a bad idea to me)

If the device doesn't require an ISL or 802.1q truck, NOR does it use
ether channel, AND couldn't possibly be a layer 2 loop, THEN

'set host port 5/2'
(or is it 'set port host 5/2', I can't remember my CatOS!!)

Unless of course you are actually running ether channel on the
firewall...

But don't trust me!  Look it up on cisco.com!