[FW1] load balancing and state tables

I've never implemented load balancing before, so
I have a technical question.

The purpose of load balancing is to distribute the
load (packets) of a very large pipe over multiple
systems.  However, does load balancing also distribute
the state tables, or is that shared among the firewalls?

Lets say I have a large pipe distributed across
three firewalls.  Each firewall has 10,000 unique
entries in the state table.  Are these unique entries
then shared amongst the other firewalls?  Does this
mean that in reality each physical firewall will have
30,000 entries in its state table?

Or does load balancing mean that not only is the
load distributed, but the state table is distributed,
allowing each firewall to maintain its own unique
state table?

Thanks!

--
Lance Spitzner