[FW1] New to FW-1 need help

Here's a synopsis:

	Software:  CheckPoint Firewall-1 v.4.1 for Solaris
	Hardware:  Sun Sparc 220R
	Problem:  Firewall doesn't work

I'm new to firewalls and am learning as I go.  I installed firewall-1 and
configured everything I could find (the documentation really bytes).  The
sparc I am using has the onboard Ethernet which is hme0 and a quadfast
Ethernet card (4 ports, qfe0 - 3).  Here is my problem, everything boots
fine no errors or anything.  But when I try to traverse the firewall to hit
my router the packets go through the internal interface but never exit
through the external.  I created the external.if file and blew away the
fwd.h & .hosts files but no luck.  I also am not using NAT, the powers that
be here insist on using published IP's as there internal IP's. I'm not sure
if this is a config problem or a routing problem being that the firewall
(both NICs and internal side of router) are in the same subnet as the rest
of the network.  Does anyone else have this sort of config or can shed any
insight on what I need to do.

Thanks,

Cisco Rebelo
Network Manager