RE: [FW1] FW's constantly changing state

A correction to my initial description. Both Firewalls do not think they are Master, I read the page incorrectly, the primary Firewall continues to remain Master and the secondary remains at Backup even when the status monitor reports the primary firewall as disconnected.

I have the vrrp multicast host defined and allow communication from the firewall to that address and back.

I am beginning to think VRRP configuration, which as been verified correct by a Nokia engineer, is not necessarily related to the problem.