Re: [FW1] Rule 0 in log file

Hi,
Rule 0 is before the normal rulebase. Some checks are performed before a packet is
checked against the (explicit) rulebase.
If packets are going to be dropped according to rule 0, it's done because of
security reasons: AntiSpoofing, IP options, or other reasons.
If they are accepted, you have turned on "log implied rules" in the properties of
your FW. First of all, have also a look to your ruleset with "view - implied rules".

Best regards,
Matthias

Martin WF Hui wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am new to CheckPoint FW and i checked with 'Log Viewer". I found out that
> some packets can be accepted/dropped by rule 0. However I have not defined
> the rule 0.
>
> Therefore what is rule 0 and how can check with this rule in Checkpoint rule
> policy.
>
> Thanks
>
> Rgds,
>
> martin

begin:vcard
n:Leu;Dr. Matthias
tel;cell:tel;fax:+49 8102 895 199
tel;work:+49 8102 895 190
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:AERAsec Network Services and Security GmbH
adr:;;Wagenberger Strasse 1;D-85662;Hohenbrunn;;
version:2.1
email;internet:[email protected]
fn:Dr. Matthias Leu
end:vcard