From: Sami Zuhuruddin [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: 01 February 2001 19:58
To: fw-1-mailinglist
Subject: [FW1] Slow Performance after Changing IP address

I'm new to the list, so please excuse any topic which was already covered:

I recently moved our Firewall box from one location to a new office. As a result, I changed the IP address on the F/W. Subsequently, I reconfigured the F/W-1 objects via the GUI w/ their new addresses, including the F/W itself w/ both it's interfaces.

The problem is that when ever I 'fwstart' the network traffic through the machine grinds to a halt.

The machine itself is fine, but network sessions are slow, it feels like you're downloading on a slow modem (whereas I have a full T1), and telnet sessions slow down also - anything network related. Then as soon as I run 'fwstop' things are fine.

I have tried to remove $FWDIR/database/fwd.h and $FWDIR/database/fwd.hosts files and restarting, but this didn't seem to help.

Any help is much appreciated,

--Sami