Re: [FW1] FW1 on AIX

On Thu, Feb 01, 2001 at 08:37:12AM -0800, Misha wrote:

> Although I am an extremely happy user of FireWall-1 on AIX
> I agree completely with what Carric has said. The AIX user
> base for FireWall-1 is quite small, and I am certain that
> the Checkpoint / IBM relationship is tenuous at best. Plus,
ra

> there are quite a few Checkpoint & OEM add-ons to FireWall-1
> that do not run on AIX - these run on Solaris or NT only.
> If I had it to do over again, I might well have chosen Solaris
> over AIX.
HMM, I thought firewalls were meant for security. BOth Solaris and NT are
not very secure, AIX is though. I have no problems running CPfw-1 on AIX,
no problem whatsoever.

> Sender: [email protected]

> I would look long and hard at putting FW-1 on AIX. We looked at this last
> year at one site, and we were told that of the roughly 25K installations
> in the SouthEast USA, 22 of them were on AIX. I knew of 7 of them
> first-hand, and they have since gone Nokia. Not what I'd call a strong
> user base.
>

> Carric Dooley
> Senior Consultant
> COM2:Interactive Media

	Adrian P. van Bloois
Postbus 2575                 email:   [email protected]
3500 GN  Utrecht             voice:   +31-30-68-94649
The Netherlands              fax:     ++31-30-68-94601

The whole point of cooking is to get as much flavour out of the
ingredients as possible.
	-- Delia SMith