Re: [FW1] Check Point Firewalls Book : M. Goncalves

I bought the book before doing CCSE and thought it was pretty good as it
covers the whole range of FW topics. It isn't OS specific, which helps for
a general view. However, the VPN stuff is far better covered in the course
notes (book 3 advanced). Depends what you want, but still a good book to
have on the shelf.

 Jonathan Jackson

 IT Infrastructure Development

 Scudder Threadneedle Investments

 60 St Mary's Axe, London

 tel: (44)|--------+---------------------------------------------->
|        |          "Christoph Nagelreiter"             |
|        |          <[email protected]>             |
|        |          Sent by:                            |
|        |          [email protected]|
|        |          kpoint.com                          |
|        |                                              |
|        |                                              |
|        |          31/01/2001 09:44                    |
|        |                                              |
|--------+---------------------------------------------->
  |       cc:                                                                                   |
  |       Subject:     [FW1] Check Point Firewalls Book : M. Goncalves                          |
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hi,

Did anyone read "Chechkpoint Firewalls: An Administration Guide" from
Marcus
Goncalves?
Is this book recommendable or just a copy of Checkpoint Administration
Guide?
What about the content?  I need detailed information about Checkpoint
VPN-1?

Thakn you.

Chris

CONFIDENTIALITY: The information in this e-mail and any attachment
 is confidential. It is intended only for the named recipient(s). If you are
not a named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not
read, use, copy or disseminate this information.

CONDITIONS: Any offer contained within this communication
is subject to contract and formal approval by the legal
entity giving the offer.