From: Nico De Ranter [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: 30 January 2001 12:00
To: BY
Discussions
Subject: Re: [FW1] problem on some web sites - urgent help needed !

On Tue, Jan 30, 2001 at 10:28:38PM +1100, BY wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I can not understand why my company is experiencing very slow response
when
> surf the following web sites. We definitely have not speed problem when
> surfing other sites like www.microsoft.com
>
> https://nurse.strategicdata.com.au
>
> http://www.med.monash.edu.au
>
> I can experience the slowness even bypassing my Proxy Server channel,
tested
> it on my Firewall Checkpoint very slow. My company has 2Mb Frame Relay
link
> connecting to UUNET ISP.

Did you try from the other side of your firewall?  If it's only a few sites,
it's
probably a problem with the site itself not with your firewall.
Try using a dialin connection to a local ISP and see whether you get the
same
problems.

Nico

> Please help & thanks muchly.
>
> BY

 "It has been said that there are only two businesses that
  refer to customers as users: illegal drug trade and
               the computer industry."
Nico De Ranter
Sony Service Center (SDCE/NEE-B)
Sint Stevens Woluwestraat 55 (Rue de Woluwe-Saint-Etienne)
1130 Brussel (Bruxelles), Belgium, Europe, Earth
Telephone: +32 2 724 86 41 Telefax: +32 2 726 26 86
e-mail: [email protected]