[FW1] IKE slow Phase 1 to Phase 2 negotiation

Folks,

For several months now I've been plagued by a problem that affects only IKE
encryption between SecureClients/SecuRemote users and a central firewall,
this is shown as slow negotiation between IKE phase 1 and IKE phase 2 which
in my case took about 60 seconds. FWZ encryption on the same host functions
without any problems.

After much diagnosis, parallel builds of fresh firewalls and work with
Checkpoint a solution was presented by Checkpoint Tech support yestdaday - I
thought I'd share with you all since I know I've been approached by others
with the same issue.

The solution is simply to remove ALL domain objects from your configuration,
that is delete all domain objects from the rules base and replace them with
groups that contain either networks or discrete hosts to perform the same
function.

Once this has been done and the rules base has been re-installed IKE will
function as expected and both phase 1 and phase 2 will occur within about 1
second.

Thanks to all those who responded to my original post and those who reported
that IKE worked for them.

Regards

Tim

The information in this email is confidential and is intended solely
for the addressee(s).
Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not
an intended recipient, you must not read, use or disseminate the
information contained in the email.
The Capital Markets Company.

http://www.capco.com