[FW1] unknown established TCP packet

Hi all,

I am trying to stop logging 'rule 0 unknown established TCP packet' as per
PhoneBoy's recommendations http://www.phoneboy.com/fw1/faq/0408.html
<http://www.phoneboy.com/fw1/faq/0408.html>  .
I can not get it to work.  I am not trying to revert to the old behavior. I
am only trying to stop logging this. I tried commenting out the line in the
file $FWDIR/lib/fwui_head.def .  I tried both of the following combinations
to comment the line (one with a space after the // and one without a space).

// #define NON_SYN_RULEBASE_MATCH_LOG
//#define NON_SYN_RULEBASE_MATCH_LOG

I did a fwstop before modifying the file with notepad than restarted
firewall with fwstart.

NT 4.0 sp4
FW-1 v4.1 sp2

Has anyone had any luck stopping this logging 'rule 0 unknown established
TCP packet' ?
Any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks
Steve