[FW1] VPN-1 v4.1 SP2/3 IKE Compatibility with Watchguard FireBox-II v4.5

Title: Nokia Security Administrator certification
Gidday Guru's

I'm looking for *anyone* who has sucessfully made a VPN work between VPN-1 v4.1 SP2 or SP3 and a Watchguard FireBox II v4.5.

Watchguard have a whitepaper at their site which describes how to set this up, but somehow, getting it going escapes us!

Our IKE phase-I is completing and we see 6 successful packets, but our phase-II is failing on the first packet in main mode... The Watchguard end comes up with an error saying that it was unable to find the correct information to open a channel. The Check Point end says unable to establish IKE tunnel.

Any assistance or comments are greatly appreciated. Neither Check Point or Watchguard Tech support sites say anything about how to solve this problem.

Cheers
Greg