[FW1] [Fwd: Returned mail: User unknown]

> Hi,
       I had some strange things happen last night while
upgrading a customers firewall.

1) There was no output between the Confirmation question,
"You chose stand-alone installation for products:

VPN-1/FirewWall-1"

and the running of cpconfig.

2) The Gui didn't install!! Going into the solaris2 directory
and running pkgadd for the gui did the trick.

3) When we then went onto SP3 (before we noticed that the
gui wasn't there), it couldn't load the security policy because,
"Time objects names cannot be longer than 11 chars."

4) After the reboot, the only interface was lo0 so we couldn't
load policy. I tracked this to /etc/rcS.d/S25fw1boot being gone.
I had backed it up, so got it back easily enough. I can't for
certain say I didn't do a mv instead of a cp of the file, so
I'll take the blame on this one.

What is this! We figured out, the customer had an object
defined in Time that was 12 characters. He wasn't using it so we
deleted it. I always thought upgrades were supposed to put less
restrictions not more.

Anyway, I got around all the problems. They just annoyed me.
Especially, no output!

Oh, Solaris 2.6 on an Ultra 10 if important.

Paul.

--
Paul T. Root 			E/Mail: [email protected]
Qwest Communications		PAG:600 Stinson Blvd, Flr 1S	WRK:Minneapolis, MN  55413		FAX:================================================================================