RE: [FW1] Secureserver - SecureGateway - Secureclient

SecureGateway sounds like SecureServer.  SecureServer is a basically a normal firewall but with limitations.  It is used in situations where you want to protect some internal networks from your own users, or for more protection from outside forces. For example,  if you had an R&D LAN for your network that you didn't want HR workers to get to, you could install a SecureServer Gateway to protect the R&D LAN.  It is a firewall module and you do need a special license for it.  In conjunction with SecureClient, you can require that all traffic destined for the R&D LAN be encrypted from Desktop to SecureServer gateway, thereby protecting that connection from other internal users.  That's just an example.

-----Original Message-----
From: Franklin Hoek [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2001 3:33 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW1] Secureserver - SecureGateway - Secureclient

Checkpoint drives me crazy.

What is Secure Gateway?

- Is it a seperate module on a seperate server?
- Is it just a license?
- Can you install it on you Firewall Module??

I can get no clear answers and i am looking for several days now. Everyweher they also call it different.

I must be really stupid i think, but who can help me?

Greetings Franklin.

** No Virus Included Mailmark **