Re: [FW1] Using Nokia IP650 as Enterprise firewall??

> We are currently using Firewall-1 on a Sun Ultra 2 machine.  We have about
> 2000 workstations and servers behind it.  During the peak period of the
> day, we have about 1000 to 1500 connection in the Firewall-1 's Active

I have a HP lpr, running Linux, FW-1 4.1 Our connection table almost
always exceeds 10,000 connection. It runs somewhere around 1% cpu
utilization. It's connected to four T-1s.

I've run 14 T-1's into a Nokia 330 without any performance problems.

> Now, my question is if you think the Nokia IP650 (or the IP440) would have
> sufficient (CPU, memory, etc.) capacity to replace the Sun Ultra 2 and
> handle the current load?  Better?

IP440 will do well.

> Another question is if the VRRP is only available for the Nokia setup, and
> not for the Sun Ultra 2 machine?  I guess my question is if the Checkpoint
> VRRP solution are built at the Firewall-1 software or at the hardware
> (Nokia) platform.

VRRP is only on the Nokia platform. I recommend Rainwall on Sun or Linux.

Frank