Re: [FW1] Multiple Firewalls -- Single/Multiple Policies???

Michael:

In my network, I have a single management server controlling numerous
firewall clusters.  Each cluster protects a different part of the network
and therefore has different rules that it must enforce.  For instance, some
networks allow Citrix traffic to pass, while others only permit HTTP.

I manage this with different rulebases and I set these up so that I can't
accidentally install the wrong rulebase on the wrong firewall (I do this
with the "install on" field in the policy).  To manage everything with one
single rulebase would be a nightmare.  By separating them out, I can
quickly look at a single rulebase and have a complete understanding of what
is going on in each portion of my network.  Nice, clean, easy.  (Also, keep
in mind that the longer your rulebase, the more overhead!  You want a nice
short rulebase with the most commonly accessed services at the beginning
for the best performance).

Joel