RE: [FW1] Secure Remote Client behind PIX

>From what I understand about the Pix (and correct me if I am wrong), VPN
will not work with natting (unlike FW-1, which supports natting and VPN at
the same time).  I believe you can add a nat 0 rule, a quick search on
www.deja.com should give you some more information.  This could be one of
the reasons why it isn't working.  Please do let me know if you find out
what the solution is if this was not it.

Best regards,

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Qaadir Haamid [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Monday, January 22, 2001 5:16 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW1] Secure Remote Client behind PIX

Hello,

I have a remote user who is coming to our webserver from behind a Pix
firewall. The Pix is NATing the clients IP address. I used this Address in
my rule as each user is tied to a specific workstation. I also used the
workstations standard IP address.

My firewall and the remote client complete authentication and exchange of
encryption keys. However when the client tries to access the webserver using

https it gets dropped by my last rule. Does anyone have any hints or has
seen this before.

I am working without an Analyzer so the only thing I am depending on is the
FW logs.

The rule is SRUser@SRClient---> Webserver https

Thanks

Qaadir