Re: [FW1] New installation

Hi,
for moving an installation from one machine to another, you should copy these files
at least:

$FWDIR/conf/*.W  - your rulebases
$FWDIR/conf/rulebases.fws  - the "index" of rulebases
$FWDIR/conf/objects.C  - the objects
and the user-database, if necessary
$FWDIR/database/fwauth.NDB*

Additionally you should copy other config-files you have changed.
Hope it helps,
best regards
Matthias

Mikael Eriksson wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is it possibly to move the rulebase and objects-files from a FW1 4.0 on NT4
> installation to a FW1 4.1 on NT4 installation and get i going.
> And if it is possibly, what files must I move ?
> Or is there some kind of import utilty available so that i not have to
> define all objects and rules one more time.
>
> > Thanks,
> >
> Mikael

begin:vcard
n:Leu;Dr. Matthias
tel;cell:tel;fax:+49 8102 895 199
tel;work:+49 8102 895 190
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:AERAsec Network Services and Security GmbH
adr:;;Wagenberger Strasse 1;D-85662;Hohenbrunn;;
version:2.1
email;internet:[email protected]
fn:Dr. Matthias Leu
end:vcard