From: Tran, Thanh [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: 17 January 2001 18:53
To: '[email protected]'
Subject: [FW1] SDL and Network Neighborhood Browsing Problems

I've read through the following documents:

    How to configure Secure Domain Logon:  Preparing Your Network
    How to configure Secure Domain Logon:  WinNT as a Client
    How to configure Secure Domain Logon:  Win98 as a Client

I believe I configured the dnsinfo.C correctly.  When I update the SR
client, it does download the LMhosts file with the correct entries.  But, it
does not allow me to browse the network correctly.  I tested this by
creating my own LMhosts entry and that worked.  There are minor differences
in the LMhosts entries -- there were extra spaces added to the file that was
downloaded from the Management Console.  Here are sample entries of the
files:

lmhosts (from management console):

1.1.1.1 PDC #PRE #DOM:ANYWHERE #SecuRemote
1.1.1.2 BDC #PRE #DOM:ANYWHERE #SecuRemote
1.1.1.1 "PDC            \0x1b" #PRE #SecuRemote

lmhosts (manually created, but works)
1.1.1.1 "PDC       \0x1b"  #PRE #SECUREMOTE

Note:  notice the space differences.  In the docs, it states to have 15
spaces between the quotes.  In the manually created LMhosts file, I counted
the special characters in the 15 spaces.  In the LMhosts that's downloaded,
it's not counted in the spaces ... so, it adds the name, pads the rest of
spaces to 15, and adds the special characters.  This doesn't work?  Does
anyone have any suggestions?

dnsinfo.c -
(
 :dns_servers (
  : (WINS
   :obj (
    : (1.1.1.1)
   )
   :topology (
    : (
     :ipaddr (1.1.0.0)
     :ipmask (255.255.0.0)
    )
   )
   :domain (
    : (
     :dns_label_count (10)
     :domain (.anywhere.com)
    )
   )
  )
 )
 :encrypt_dns (true)
 :LMdata (
  : (
   :ipaddr (1.1.1.1)
   :name (PDC)
   :domain (ANYWHERE)
  )
  : (
   :ipaddr (1.1.1.2)
   :name (BDC)
   :domain (ANYWHERE)
  )
  : (
   :ipaddr (1.1.1.1)
   :name (PDC)
  )
 )
)

The information in this email is confidential and is intended solely
for the addressee(s).
Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not
an intended recipient, you must not read, use or disseminate the
information contained in the email.
The Capital Markets Company.

http://www.capco.com