[FW1] Policy Server / Log viewer

Hi everyone,
after creating a policy server object i'm getting a 'No license for Policy
Server" message every time i reinstall the policy. I couldn't find any info
at checkpoint.com, do i really need a license for this object?
Another question is about the log viewer, sometimes i can hardly scroll up
to look at older entries, it takes up to 5 minutes i scroll up one screen.
Logfiles are saved and purged when there are about 3000 entries, is the
whole thing an utilization problem? I'm running Firewall 1 4.1 SP2 on a Sun
UltraSparc (Solaris 2.6), the policy editor / log viewer runs on Win NT 4.0
SP6a.

Thanks in advance for your comments!

Dirk