Re: [FW1] Outlook Web Access - Best pracice with FW-1

Do not allow HTTP, require clients to use SSL.
Get a Certificate (strong if you can), and use HTTPS/SSL.

Treat it like a bastion host, lock it down, strip away all the IIS admin stuff
and exploitable dlls etc etc. On the rule base, only allow the ports you need
for it to talk to your exchange server. Don't use the default ports on the exch
server, you can change them via a registry change. There isn't any real need
for periodic backup of the server, so take a ghost image and keep it on a diff
partition/hd. (usefull for taking back to a known state in case of compromise.

You could also install something like tripwire, intact, or ISS OSSensor on
the owa svr and monitor it for unusual activity.

Having out-of-band IDS and sniffer on all legs of firewall can be handy too.

Because OWA requires domain authentication, you should be carefull with this one.
rules might look something like:
any,    owa-bastion,    http/s,    accept
owa-bastion,    xch-svr,    owa-rpc-dir/owa-rpc-info/epmap-tcp/epmap-udp,    accept
owa-bastion,    dom-ctl,    dns-udp, nbt, echo-request,    accept
xch-svr,    owa-bastion,    tcp-high-ports,epmap-tcp,epmap-udp,    accept
dom-ctl,    owa-bastion,    echo-reply, accept