RE: [FW1] SecureRemote and WINS

I agree that restarting the management is not needed. I modify the dnsinfo.C
on my firewall, re-push policy, and the client updates the site.... changes
take effect. They can be seen both in the userc.C and the LMHOSTS files on
the client. I have made changes to the crypt.def in FWDIR$/lib to encrypt
dns.

My situation is that the firewall is the device giving the topology - no
unauthenticated topology downloads.
The clients have WINS entry for inside server. (Browse works for network
neighborhood)
W2K clients have SDL enabled - log onto NT4 domain.

Attached text file shows the format of the dnsinfo.C file. <space> indicates
spaces, <tab> indicates tabs. I've found the order of LM section doesn't
seem to matter. (i.e. crypto tech's is different and still works) But syntax
is critical. One you see the way the sections break out you can adjust them
fairly easily. Note the dns_label_count has some bugs, make it more that you
think you need, some entries confuse the code, it is in the release notes if
I recall correctly.

I would hope that some iteration allows us to 'push' WINS entries, but I can
see how that is more difficult to implement.

Daniel Gaughan