Re: [FW1] Firewall-1 upgrade from 3.0 to 4.1 on Solaris 2.6

Personally I have never done such an upgrade. When ever I go through a
major version change I rebuild the box from scratch.
It clears out so much stuff (security / bugs / patches / old rules / ...)
and give you confidence in the system.
Rebuild the rules also as newer version come with a different set of
'defaults' and your strategy for grouping objects is usually clearer after
running a FW for a time.
Lance has the best advice I have ever seen on this subject
(http://www.enteract.com/~lspitz/papers.html)
Regards
Paul

C. Paul Simons
Corporate Network Security Services
IHS Energy Group, Englewood, CO.

Main:Direct:Fax:Mobile:[email protected]
                    Sent by:                                    To:     [email protected]
                    [email protected]        cc:
                    kpoint.com                                  Subject:     [FW1] Firewall-1 upgrade from 3.0 to 4.1 on Solaris 2.6

                    17-01-01 13:18

The installation guide with 4.1 makes it appear very easy to upgrade from
3.0 to 4.1.  Is it that easy?  Have there been any reported problems?

thanks

dave kaas