Re: [FW1] PIX vs. CheckPoint

Keep in mind that some of the comments about FW-1 *were* true
at one point in time. For example, FW-1 pre-4.1 *did* have default
settings that would allow ICMP, DNS and the like through. Since
FW-1's features have changed, it's probably worthwhile using other
firewall comparison documents as a guide.

And for those of you who are running FW-1 without software subscription,
you *can* get back on software subscription without purchasing the
complete product again... the product to ask for is Legacy Subscription.
You pay a penalty for letting your software subscription lapse, but
it's not extremely severe...

Steve

Frank Darden wrote:

> After reading this it is clear the reviewer has not done his homework. This
> is why I HATE so many product reviews, the reviewer does not put forth the
> effort to properly review the products. Unfortunately, many people take
> these reviews as fact. In the case of this review, there are severe flaws,
> pointless points, and generally wrong statements.. We do in house testing
> for theis very reason. Dont believe everything you read. I could pick this
> thing apart line by line, and I might if I get some time. True, I am a FW-1
> bigot, but I am not neccesarily religious about anything. CP has its flaws,
> suprisingly I did not really see any of them listed here..
>
> Frank

Steven Lee, CISSPSenior Network Security EngineerFAX
AVCOM Technologies, IncPager
4636 E Marginal Way S, Ste B-100   http://www.avcom.com
Seattle, WA 98134-2383             mailto:[email protected]