[FW1] SynDefender only on External Interface?

Can someone give me some insight into the pros/cons of doing this? I am
seeing a lot of these messages and we believe they are due to the way our
network is set up.....

Thanks.

Tim Parker

Notes from the Checkpoint Support Site.....

How to activate the SynDefender only on the external interface of the

FireWall-1 (10043.0.863)
The fix is meant to prevent the SynDefender from acting on the internal
interface of the FireWall.

NOTE : This fix will defend the FireWall-1 from SynAttacks ONLY from the
external interface