Re: [FW1] VRRP monitored Circuit problems with Nortel Switch ???

Yes,

I have followed the resolution 2808 but without VPN.
The Nokia Verion is 3.2.

In fact on the internal interface the salve want to be up.
I have no problem with the external interface.

As the slave want to be up for the internal interface it create a vrrp mac @.
But the VRRP mac @ already existe because the master is up and with the higher
priority so there is a conflict.

I think that the slave do not receive vrrp hello packets from the Master, .... , so
the slave try to fail over the master.

The question is why does the slave do not receive the vrrp hello packets from the
master ???
The only one clue I have is that onto the internal interface I 've got a switch (not
a hub).
--- On the external interface [wich works] there is a Hub ---

So is there a problem with the Nortel Switch I have ???
Why it doest let go hello packets from the master ???
Is the switch blocking a certain kind of mac @ ???
What is the way to resolve this problem on the switch ???   if any ....

I try to use a hub instead of the switch and it seems to work better, but some time
to time the slave become master, and after a while it become again slave...
What can i do to stablize this behavior ????
Is the hello interval important to help to have stability ???

Thanks in advance for any help.

Wayne Graves a écrit :

> Did you read Nokia resolution 2808 ? and what version of the IPSO are
> you running ?

begin:vcard
n:Schachtele;Guillaume
tel;fax:(+33) 4.42.36.67.60
tel;work:(+33) 4.42.36.65.50
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.gemplus.fr
org:GEMPLUS;Management Information Service
version:2.1
email;internet:[email protected]
title:MIS Security Engineer
note:DMZ administrator
adr;quoted-printable:;;Gemplus  BP 100=0D=0AGEMENOS=0D=0A13881=0D=0AFRANCE;;;;
end:vcard