RE: [FW1] Stonebeat Fullcluster troughput

 I too run checkpoint on a windows nt system using stone beat full cluster
trough a catalyst 6509 switch and there have been a couple of issues that I
am still trying to work out.

1.  There is still some kind of broadcast or flooding of the network when
using multicast.

2.  Downloads and access to Web pages through out burst able 45mb port to
the Internet is very slow.  Example to download a file from that is 23mb I
get roughly 50 - 60 kbs and download time is roughly 20 to 28 minutes.

3.  I have tested this three ways to see if it is the firewalls or the
switch.
   a.  I put a box on the public side of the firewall running parallel to it
and plugged into a public port of the catalyst and I get download speeds of
roughly 180 - 210 kbs and the same file takes seconds to download.

   b.  I try the same thing but now from the DMZ and I get the same speed as
if I was on the private side 50 -60 kbs

   c.  I also try from internal to DMZ and DMZ to internal which produce the
same results.  However going from server to server on the same broadcast
domain through the switch is very fast (which is correct).

The gist of this is that there is something with firewall-1 running
stonebeat full cluster that has slowed down speed through the firewall
dramatically almost 600% slower than running the firewall-1 solution by it
self. If any one has similar, problems please let me know and also if you
have found a solution to the problem it would be great.

Andre Chang
Southern Wine And Spirits