Re: [FW1] Nokia IPSO/configure networking/resources

On Thu, Jan 11, 2001 at 09:48:34AM -0800, David wrote:
:
: Can someone tell me the commands to configure the
: network interfaces in the IPSO?

You should do that through Voyager.  If you're on the console port, use
"lynx".  Its default home page is Voyager.

: Also, does voyager
: listen on all interfaces or just the inital nic when
: you first set it up. If so, is there anyway to change
: that?

It doesn't activate ANY of its interfaces.  You have to do the initial
config through the console (hostname, interface-ip-netmask-etc., admin
password).

: Also, since voyager connects on port 80, is there any
: way to secure it so the admin password is not sent
: clear text?

Two ways - 1) use ssh port forwarding 2) Upgrade the box to IPSO 3.3 and
use SSL for your Voyager use.

: It seems to be little out there on configuring the
: IPSO. If anyone knows how I can get ahold of some good
: resource manuals on the Nokia appliances I greatly
: appreciate it! (NT guru here, very little UNIX)

There is an IPSO docs package that's loaded on your box, check the "Installed
Packages" area.  Also, never underestimate the helpfulness of the support
site!  http://support.nokia.com/ (you'll need your serial # to register).

--
Jason Costomiris <><           |  Technologist, geek, human.