RE: [FW1] Mail scanning solutions

Trend Interscan with e-manager http://www.antivirus.com
mimesweeper http://www.mimesweeper.com (windows box tho  :-)  and non CVP  )

Mimesweeper is a great product, don't let your anti windows bias get the
better of you without first looking at it :-)
With mimesweeper you just make it the MX gateway.

I don't trust the robustness of CVP and that may be your problem and not NAV

cheers
Dean

Hans-Joachim Hoetger <[email protected]>
@lists.us.checkpoint.com on 01/10/2001 07:08:11 AM

Please respond to Hans-Joachim Hoetger <[email protected]>

Sent by:  [email protected]

cc:
Subject:  [FW1] Mail scanning solutions

Hello
We are currently running a solution with CVP and Norton
Antivirus. This solution does not satisfy us. The
queueing-mechanism seems poor to me and our NAV runs on a
windows-box while FW-1 runs on Solaris. I want to get rid of
CVP and the windows-box.
We thought about twisting the MX-record to a virus-scanner
(running on solaris). Therefor we tried interscan with
qmail. This solution works as expected. The problem is, that
we can not set any relaying-rules because every mail seems
to come from localhost. (The virus-scanner sends the mails
to qmail.)
Which solutions are you using?
--
Hans-Joachim Hoetger              voice: +49-5241-80-88990
mediaWays GmbH                        NMW-T1 (Technologie)

"Gut ist auch des Emporkommen von Linux als Herausforderer
von Microsoft."       Angela Merkel (Die Zeit, 4.Mai 2000)