RV: [FW1] MS-SQL

you need also to configure cliconfg.exe in the client machines with tcpip.
In this way the client machines not use named pipes

Hi,

I need to know which ports need to be open on the Firewall to allow communication with MS-SQL Server 2000 using the Enterprise Manager and Query analyzer.  I have already opened the registered ports 1433, 1434 (TCP) as indicated in the network setup, but I still cannot connect to the SQL server through the firewall.  Is there something more I need to do on either the Firewall or the clients?

Any help would be appreciated.

Alan