Re: [FW1] Raptor to FW1

Greetings!

[email protected] schrieb:

> Our facility is moving from a Axent Raptor NT firewall to FW1 4.1sp3
> on Windows 2K.  Is there anyone that has made this migration and would
> like to offer any insight?  I have a couple of issues that I am
> concerned about.  One is that Raptor included DNS while FW1 does not
> and the other is the use of the NT O/S password for user
> authentication.  With Raptor, I could use NT groups with
> authentication.

Two important things to keep in mind:

    * FW-1 does NOT secure your system when installing as Raptor does.
You will have to do that manually.

    * Think: Raptor is a proxy, FW-1 a router-ACL (oversimplifying
heritage for clarity). Different level of protection, different
NAT/Redirection mechanics, and VERY different mechanics for designing
rules!

Bye
    Volker

--