Re: [FW1] Mail scanning solutions

Hi:

It depends on how you have Q-mail interact with ISVW. If you have Q-mail
accept inbound mail, you can do anti-relay via Q-mail. If ISVW wraps
Q-mail, you can have ISVW do anti-relay as follows:

>From the ISVW gui select Configuration -> E-Mail Scan -> Additional E-Mail
Options. Click the box labelled "Enable Anti-Relay" and in the text box
below it, list the domains for which you want ISVW to accept mail for. In
addition, on the same screen, there is a section called "Local Domains" in
which you can specifiy the name or IP address of mail servers on the secure
network that should be allowed to relay off of your ISVW server to send
mail to the Internet.

Regards.

Bob Webber - AT&T Global Network Services
Tel:Notes: Bob Webber/Markham/IBM@IBMCA
Internet: [email protected]

"Logic merely enables one to be wrong with authority" - Doctor Who

Hans-Joachim Hoetger <[email protected]>
@lists.us.checkpoint.com on 01/10/2001 07:08:11 AM

Please respond to Hans-Joachim Hoetger <[email protected]>

Sent by:  [email protected]

cc:
Subject:  [FW1] Mail scanning solutions

Hello
We are currently running a solution with CVP and Norton
Antivirus. This solution does not satisfy us. The
queueing-mechanism seems poor to me and our NAV runs on a
windows-box while FW-1 runs on Solaris. I want to get rid of
CVP and the windows-box.
We thought about twisting the MX-record to a virus-scanner
(running on solaris). Therefor we tried interscan with
qmail. This solution works as expected. The problem is, that
we can not set any relaying-rules because every mail seems
to come from localhost. (The virus-scanner sends the mails
to qmail.)
Which solutions are you using?
--
Hans-Joachim Hoetger              voice: +49-5241-80-88990
mediaWays GmbH                        NMW-T1 (Technologie)

"Gut ist auch des Emporkommen von Linux als Herausforderer
von Microsoft."       Angela Merkel (Die Zeit, 4.Mai 2000)