[FW1] RE: stateful firewalling and clustering.

But then again, in this case, since this is UDP, and there are no syn
packets, it should be able to send the replies thru the firewall if the
ports are open.  But it would be silly and very insecure to open those ports
just for UDP replies.

I have contacted my ISP and they allow me to connect directly to one of the
DNS servers in the cluster.

Thanks to all that replied to my [many] previous mails