	From:	Jarrett Goetz [SMTP:[email protected]]
	Sent:	Thursday, December 28, 2000 11:44 AM
	To:	'[email protected]'
	Cc:	'[email protected]'
	Subject:	RE: [FW1] Log Question

	Layne, keep in my mind that using the accounting logging feature can
take small performance hit, in addition to taking a slightly larger amount
of memory for each connection.

	Jarrett

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Layne Meier [ mailto:[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]> ]
	Sent: Thursday, December 28, 2000 07:59
	To: fw-1-mailinglist
	Subject: Re: [FW1] Log Question

	Thanks to those who answered my question.  I realized late
yesterday/early this
	morning that if I had either RTFM or looked over my notes from FW-1
class I would
	have seen that I had not set up my Log to track any of the rules by
Accounting.
	Now that I have turned on Accounting, my fw.alog file is now
growing.

	Thank you,
	Layne Meier
	Network/Internet Analyst