RE: [FW1] Fwalert...

Michael,

The status GUI uses the FW1_MGMT port, in exactly the same way that the log
viewer and policy editor do (because it is just a mode for that
application).  If you are running it on a designated management client
machine, then you should see any alerts that are raised.

Alerts are generated if something happens that is configured to track as
alert.   This means one of:
- packets matching a rule with track=alert
- an event occurring which is set to alert by policy properties.

As an example of a property-related alert, we have user authentication
failures reported using ALERT, because the Authentication property has
	Authentication failure track = ALERT

--
Timothy Frost			mailto:[email protected]
EDS New Zealand			Fax: +64-4-495-0473