[FW1] CheckPoint FW-1 2000 and Linux

Hi All,

  I've been having a real hard time installing a permanent license on CP-2000.
Aparently, with a temp. license it works great, actually it works so good that
people had reported to me the fact that it works faster than NT. In any case,
my problem is that the minute I install a perm license, limited IPs, a couple
of hours later, the kernel panics with "attempting to kill the idle process".
  I've been wondering if anyone here had confronted this problem, and if they
had found some kind of work around. Please note, I've tried the following
distro's and came with the same results all the times: RH6, RH6.1, RH6.2,
Mandrake 7.0.2, Mandrake 7.1.

Best regards,
  Nir Simionovich
  Linux & Open Systems Consultant