Re: [FW1] Question - Load Balancing mail

Marius,

You can do simple load balancing with MX records in DNS.
  If you set your
mail servers with an equal priority, you should then see mail sent to each
of them.  It would be cheaper than using the connect control module or a
layer 4 switch to do load balancing.

-Mike

|--------+----------------------->
|        |          "Marius      |
|        |          Banica"      |
|        |          <mariusb@xor.|
|        |          co.il>       |
|        |                       |
|        |          12/26/2000   |
|        |          08:52 AM     |
|        |                       |
|--------+----------------------->
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |       To:     [email protected]                |
  |       cc:     (bcc: Mike Semaniuk/Triumph)                            |
  |       Subject:     [FW1] Question - Load Balancing mail               |

Hi there and mary X-mas

I got A question,
Can I define logical servers for smtp service so I would be able to "load
balance" mails..
I got Internal exchange and two mail-realies in the DMZ, Is it posiblle to
balance this service so the exchange will be able to send mails thoght both
servers?