From: Srinivas Pulla [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Tuesday, December 26, 2000 9:39 AM
To: Muhammed Riyas Kunhi
Cc: ''
Subject: Re: [FW1] SMTP RELAYING

What Virus scan server are you using, if it is Trend's virus wall there is an option
for Anti relay and enable only the domain for which you wanted to relay, so it will
block all the rest except the allowed domain ( Assumming that the  virus scanner is
listening on SMTP port and the requests are redirected to the Exchange server's smtp
port after scanning).

Thanks
Srinivas

Muhammed Riyas Kunhi wrote:

> Dear Friends,
>
> I am using checkpoint firewall1 ver 4.0 with windows Nt Service pack 4.0.
> And My mail server (Exchangeserver5.5 with srv4 and win NT4 with Srv6a) is
> configured going through firewall and I am using antivirus server as well.
> >From my exchange server I blocked the smtp relaying by using routing
> restriction for only authenticated user and it is working fine for internal
> network. But if any body try to use our mail server for relaying their mail
> from outside firewall, then firewall is just allowing to come inside to the
> exchange and exchange is making a non delivery for this mail. Is there any
> way to block the SMTP relying from firewall itself.
>
> Any help will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks

"The information in this message and in any attachments is confidential
and intended solely for the addressee(s). It is not intended as an  offer
or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial  instrument
or as confirmation of any transaction, unless specifically agreed
otherwise. All prices, data and other information are not warranted
as to completeness or accuracy and are subject to change without
notice. Any comments or statements made herein do not necessarily
reflect those of our Company. Any unauthorised disclosure,
use or dissemination, either whole or partial is prohibited. If you
are not the intended recipient, you are not authorised to disclose,
copy, distribute, or retain this message and are requested to
notify the sender immediately".