[FW1] Connecting up to Radius server

I have the Merit Basic AAA Radius server running, and I'm trying
to get user authentication going on my Nokia (4.0 SP5). But nothing
I do works. I've followed the instructions on Phone Boy and the
Checkpoint Knowledge base the best I can (they are pretty much
the same), however it doesn't work. I wants me to put
"User-Service-Type = Login-User" but that doesn't exist. The closest
thing is "Service-Type = Login".

Trying to use a Null Realm gives me:

User: test
RADIUS password: ****
Access denied by RADIUS authentication

Fri Dec 22 14:17:16 2000: Received-Authentication: 231/1 'test' via
nokia from x.x.x.x Authenticate-Only
Fri Dec 22 14:17:16 2000: Authentication: 231/1 'test' via nokia from
x.x.x.x Authenticate-Only - FAILED Improper 'userid@realm' specification
-- total 0, holding 0

Ok so I create a realm and I get this:

User: test@junk
RADIUS password: ****
RADIUS servers not responding

Fri Dec 22 14:17:39 2000: Received-Authentication: 232/2 'test@junk' via
nokia from x.x.x.x Authenticate-Only
Fri Dec 22 14:17:39 2000: Authentication: 232/2 'test@junk' via nokia
from x.x.x.x Authenticate-Only - OK -- total 0, holding 0
Fri Dec 22 14:17:44 2000: Received-Authentication: 232/2 'test@junk' via
nokia from x.x.x.x Authenticate-Only (1 retries)
Fri Dec 22 14:17:49 2000: Received-Authentication: 232/3 'test@junk' via
nokia from x.x.x.x Authenticate-Only
Fri Dec 22 14:17:49 2000: Authentication: 232/3 'test@junk' via nokia
from x.x.x.x Authenticate-Only - OK -- total 0, holding 0

So, ok, this looks like it passes authentication but the nokia is
ignoring me.

The possible complication is that the radius server is on the external
interface.
However this is an internal test firewall so that's not really an issue.
The
address that's in the logfile x.x.x.x is on the internal network.

                                    /------ Radius server
Internet  --- Real Firewall   ------
                                    \------ Nokia    ----------   test
network
                                                \  ----  internal
network

I do see packets coming back from the radius server to the nokia via
tcpdump.

Anyone have any ideas.

Thnaks,
Paul.

--
Paul T. Root 			E/Mail: [email protected]
USWEST is now Qwest		PAG:600 Stinson Blvd, Flr 1S	WRK:Minneapolis, MN  55413		FAX:================================================================================