RE: [FW1] Logs building up on firewall module...

You should be able to force switches from the management station, and
hopefully get the firewall to send the accumulated logs back to the
management station.

Try running
	fw logswitch -h <name of firewall>  -
which should get the firewall to:
1:  switch log files
2: transfer the switched logs from that firewall to the management station,
and
3: remove the switched log from the firewall   [ use + instead of - to keep
a copy of the logs on the firewall]

You will continue to get log entries being recorded on the remote firewalls
unless they have a consistent good connection to the management station.  If
there are problems, you will see a lot of messages in the firewall error log
(fwd.elg, or fwd.log, depending on the version) like
	fwd: Log Server .yyy.zzz.www went down

and a lot of messages in the management station error log like
	fwd: Remote FireWall aaaa is connected
	fwd: End connection from aaaa

where .yyy.zzz.www is the name or IP address of the management station
and aaaa is the name of the firewall object

Hope this helps

--
Timothy Frost			mailto:[email protected]
EDS New Zealand			Fax: +64-4-495-0473