RE: [FW1] Content virus scanner

is it me or does this forum repeat it sefl????

It's the third time I receive this mail

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Glassman - Admin [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2000 07:32
To: 'Sturrus, Marvin'
Cc: 'fw-1 listserv'
Subject: RE: [FW1] Content virus scanner

Marvin,

I use esfae ver 2.1 with 850 nodes (WS's) and no problems at all.

If you go to ver 3.0, you need to consider that it isn't as you say a CVP,
but instead, is connected between your internall firewall leg, and your
network, so in effect :

Internet - Firewall - Esafe30 - Internal Network

As such, it needs two nic's (at least), and does IP forwarding. You will
need to change your routers so the default gateway changes from your
firewalls internall leg to the internal leg of the Esafe30 server.

The idea behind it is very nice indeed, and it's faster then a cvp, and
protects against much more then the current 2.1 version does, but, it adds a
second point of failure to your Internet access. Whereas with a CVP, if the
cvp is down it's a simple issue of getting things working again, by changing
the rules, if this server is down, you will have to change the routers def
gateway in order to bypass it. You will then also have to change settings on
the firwall so that it knows there's no gateway there.

The site for the beta of 30 is at
http://www.ealaddin.com/esafe/beta/esg3beta.html (but I think you already
know this), but if not, it explains quite a bit more on how it works.

Aladdin are supposed to be working on a CVP version of this, which is what I
am waiting for.

If this issue doesn't bother you, you can go with it.

Mike

*============================================================================================*
L'information confidentielle incluse dans ce courrier électronique
s'adresse uniquement à la personne, physique ou morale, visée.
Toute utilisation, copie, divulgation ou distribution non
autorisée de ce document est strictement interdite.
Si vous n'êtes pas la personne concernée par cette transmission
électronique, veuillez détruire ce document et nous aviser par
courriel ou par téléphone au.  Les opinions
émises dans ce courriel ne représentent pas nécessairement des
opinions véhiculées par Dessin Structural B.D. inc.
*============================================================================================*
The confidential Information contained in this e-mail is
intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed.
Any use, disclosure, copying or distribution of this document is
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended
recipient, please destroy this document and notify us by e-mail
or by phone. Any opinions contained within this
e-mail are not necessarily the opinions of
B.D. Structural Design inc.
Title: RE: [FW1] Content virus scanner