RE: [FW1] Nokia question

Wow, you are so wrong about where Nokia gets the
components for its appliance. First off, IPSO is not a
overhauled and heavily modified kernel of FreeBSD
2.2.6. FreeBSD source code was used as a model to
develop a routing centric OS Only the components
related to that were used when building the core of
the OS, once that was done NEW components were written
to enable other services such as login, chmod, etc.
While it does utilize some of the core components that
FreeBSD does, they are new code written from the
ground up with security in mind. Are there
vulnerabilities? Sure, every OS has them and
responsible OS manufacturers work to resolve them as
quickly as possible. Nokia included. GATE-D? You could
not be further from the truth. Licensing for IGRP and
BGP paid to Cisco? Ipsilon founders would committ
sepuku before giving a nickel to Cisco. They is a hard
core anti-Cisco sentiment within the founders of
Ipsilon. So, what does that leave us? The patent on
IGRP was co-held by one of Ipsilon's founders and
Cisco dated back to when he developed there many many
years ago. As far as BGP goes, Ipsilon/Nokia's BGP
implementation is the same as that developed for a
major SOHO player that has a similar dislike of all
things Cisco-y and that royalty is paid to them, not
Cisco. -EOL

PS Phoneboy is on vacation and not here to defend
himself.