From: Greg Winkler [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2000 4:01 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW1] Can't reach AOL Anywhere page with HTTP Security Server
Involved

I have a problem reaching AOL's Anywhere web page in order to check mail
when I have any rule invoking the HTTP security server involved. This isn't
the AOL client mind you, it's simple and AOL web page that can be used to
log in and check email. We use Websense and also some custom URI resource
filters, consequently we hit the firewall HTTP security server when surfing
the web. If I leave these rules enabled, I cannot login to AOL, instead I
receive an "Error 10053 software caused connection to abort" message in my
browser. If I disable these rules, effectively undoing my Websense and
custom filters it works just fine. It's not Websense, because I can disable
my Websense related rules and leave my custom URI filters enabled with the
same results. I have FW1 v4.1 with no SP's installed.

Any ideas?

The information transmitted by the following E-Mail is intended only for the addressee and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any interception, review, retransmission, dissemination, or other use, or taking any action upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited by law and may subject them to criminal or civil liability. If you received this communication in error, please contact us immediately atext. 3600 and delete the communication from any computer or network system.