Re: [FW1] Problems with ICA-client, Securemote and NAT.

I'm assuming you're using FWZ for the encryption between the firewall and
the securemote client.  If you're using dial-up accounts, are you using
encapsulation with the FWZ?  Remember FWZ only encrypts the data portion of
the packet unless you specify "encapsulation" in the VPN properties tab of
your firewall objects properties.  Encapsulation allows securemote users to
connect to hosts inside an encryption domain.  It is for remote users who
know the IP address of the internal host they are trying to get to and for
whom the IP address is reserved/illegal.

Also, you may need to configure IP NAT pooling so that the packets from the
citrix server know how to get back to the securemote client. IP NAT pooling
assigns an reserved/illegal ( in your case, internal ) IP address to the
remote user when the securemote client connects. It is so that the servers
on the internal LAN you are trying to get to correctly route the packet
back through the same encrypting gateway through which they came.

hope this helps

Ashleigh Martin
Systems Engineer
DATA#3 Limited
Ph: +61 3 9864 2000
Fx: +61 3 9864 2099
mailto: [email protected]
Web Site: http://www.data3.com.au

                    [email protected]
                    Sent by:                                    To:     [email protected]
                    [email protected]        cc:
                    kpoint.com                                  Subject:     [FW1] Problems with ICA-client, Securemote and NAT.

                    21/12/2000 02:20 AM

Hi all,

I need some expert help on this.

Nokia Ipso 3.2.1 with FW-1 v 4.1 SP.2

I have a configuration where I want securemote users to acces my internal
Citrix server. The Citrix server has a static address translation. When I
connect to the Citrix-server without using securemote, everything works
fine so the static routing and proxy arp must be configured correctly.

When I use the securemote client I can't get through to the server. I can
see in the logviewer that I get an Authcrypt, a Key Install and then a
decrypt. Source and Destination are the external addresses. In Xlatedest.
it is the correct internal adresses. The problem is that I can't see any
return traffic from my citrix server to the securemote client in the
logfile.'
But when I use tcpdump on the fw internal interface, I can see the clients
external address try to connect to the citrix server internal address, and
that the citrix server tries to respond to the external client IP-address.
Is this correct, and if it is, why can't I see it in the logfile ??

I have included the citrix server external address in the encryption
domain. I have also tried to disable anti_spoofing, with no luck.

My securemote rule is after the stealth rule. Has that anything to say ??

Thanks for your help...-

Christian H. Jensen

eSec A/S - Managed Security

http://www.esec.dk