RE: [FW1] CheckPoint Customer Log Module

Title: CheckPoint Customer Log Module
Morning all

We are currently working on upgrading our firewalls to Provider-1.

Just a quick question ( hopefully not a stupid one ) :

On our current firewalls (SUN) we run a cron job to perform a log switch on a regular basis.
Trying this on the Provider-1 MDS produces  -

            Trying to switch logfile to 20Dec2000-10:41:26.log

            logswitch : cannot connect to fw dameon
            Log switch failed

We have tried this action using the -h switch and the virtual IP of the CMA , but it still fails.
We cannot find any information in the manuals concerning automatic log file switching on the MDS.

Any ideas ??

Regards

Roy

         - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Roy Franklin
Internet / Intranet Group
Bank of America

Ph +44 (0)
Mobile 07770 841185
E-mail [email protected]

Notice to recipient:

This e-mail is meant for only the intended recipient of the transmission, and may be a communication privileged by law. If you received this e-mail in error, any review, use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.

When addressed to our clients any opinions or advice contained in this internet e-mail are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in any applicable governing terms of business or client engagement letter issued by Bank of America.

Both Bank of America, N.A and Bank of America International Limited are regulated by The Securities and Futures Authority.